Observing at St. Francis de Sales School for the Deaf
- Observations are done on a limited basis.
- At least one-week notice is required. Please take that into consideration when contacting our school and planning your visit.
- The school day runs from 8:30 am through 2:50 with lunch/ recess for the students from 11:50 to 1:00.
Departments: Parent Infant, Eart Childhood Education and School Age
- classified as Deaf, Multiply Disabled or DeafBlind
- classrooms are 6:1:1 or 6:1:2 ratios
- preschool through 8th grade (ages 3/4 through 13/14).
- Teachers are certified Teachers of the Deaf (TOD) or Certified Special Education Teachers
- student with hearing loss AND other diagnoses such as vision loss, autism spectrum disorder, cognitive delays, physical disabilities, etc.
speech-language, feeding therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, counseling, vision and orientation and mobility.
Gym, Art, and ASL Storytelling
Observation Requests Forms:
Contact Eileen Whelan, Supervisor of Instruction and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org